This course is designed to bring you up to date with the clinical aspects of shingles and the vaccines available to immunise against it.
This training must be used in combination with the practical courses (basic life support, anaphylaxis and practical vaccination skills) you are required to complete in order to make a declaration of competence in the area of influenza vaccination.
This clinical update should be completed annually so with your permission we will remind you in 11 months time that this training is again due for completion.
On successful completion of the quiz at the end, we will add a certificate of completion to your Pharmacy in Practice learning dashboard. We will also award you a one-hour CPD achievement. This will also be stored as a record of achievement within your Pharmacy in Practice dashboard.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- We will help you understand the clinically relevant background information about shingles including the following:
- Signs and Symptoms.
- We will learn about the vaccines currently used to protect people. We will look at the following aspects of the vaccines:
- Licensed indications.
- Mode of Action.
- Vaccine Warnings.
- Post-vaccination rash.
- Vaccine virus Transmission.
- Co-administration with other Vaccines.
- Dosage Schedules.
- Vaccine Administration.
- Vaccine Storage.
- Adverse Reactions.
- We know that people accessing your shingles vaccination services may have many questions so we have curated a list of frequently asked questions. We will pre-empt some of the questions that patients may ask.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling. We recommend that you consult the BNF or the specific summary of product characteristics for dosing decisions.
Click here to enroll
Shingles disease background
The Shingle vaccines
Frequently asked questions
Feedback and post course reflective revalidation entry
We make every effort to ensure that our courses are accurate and up to date through rigorous editorial processes. If you have any feedback please contact Johnathan by clicking here. Before starting this course please feel free to read our disclaimer.