This course is designed to provide an annual update on the influenza vaccine. The course is designed to bring you up to date with the clinical aspects of the influenza vaccine.
This training must be used in combination with the practical courses (basic life support, anaphylaxis and practical vaccination skills) you are required to complete in order to make a declaration of competence in the area of influenza vaccination.
This clinical update should be completed annually so with your permission we will remind you in 11 months time that this training is again due for completion.
On successful completion of the quiz at the end, we will add a certificate of completion to your Pharmacy in Practice learning dashboard. We will also award you a one-hour CPD achievement. This will also be stored as a record of achievement within your Pharmacy in Practice dashboard.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- We will help you understand the clinical aspects of influenza including:
- Antigen shift.
- Signs and symptoms.
- We will learn about the relevant 2021/22 updates around influenza vaccination.
- We will help you find out about the following aspects of the influenza vaccines:
- The types of vaccines available.
- Dosing schedule.
- Vaccine efficacy.
- Egg allergy.
- Vaccine virus transmission.
- Vaccine storage.
- We know that people accessing your flu vaccination servcies may have many questions so we have curated a list of frequently asked questions.
- We will pre-empt some of the questions that patients may ask.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling. We recommend that you consult the BNF or the specific summary of product characteristics for dosing decisions.
Vaccination online updates membership
Influenza – The disease
Influenza 2021/22 update
The influenza vaccines
Frequently asked questions
Feedback and post course reflective revalidation entry
We make every effort to ensure that our courses are accurate and up to date through rigorous editorial processes. If you have any feedback please contact Johnathan by clicking here. Before starting this course please feel free to read our disclaimer.