This course is designed to support you to build your knowledge of pneumococcal disease and the associated available vaccinations. As you embark on any vaccination service in community pharmacy it is very important that you are up to date with the clinical area.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- We will help you understand where to seek up to date information on pneumococcal disease and vaccination including how guidance currently varies across the UK.
- We will learn about the cause, characteristics and epidemiology of pneumococcal disease.
- We will learn about pneumococcal pneumonia.
- We will find out about the epidemiology of pneumonia and how pneumonia fits in the overall picture of pneumococcal disease.
- We will help you understand how to assess who is suitable for the pneumococcal vaccination.
- We will help you understand how to address vaccine hesitancy and also learn about when it can be helpful to suggest the pneumococcal vaccination to your patients.
- We will find out and become familiar with the pneumococcal vaccines available.
- We will learn about how to store, prepare and administer the vaccines available.
- We will describe the information you should give to patients after the vaccination.
- We will pre-empt some of the questions that patients may ask.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling.
Click here to enroll
Pneumococcal disease introduction and background
The epidemiology of pneumococcal disease
Pneumococcal vaccinations available in the UK
Feedback and post course reflective revalidation entry
We make every effort to ensure that our courses are accurate and up to date through rigorous editorial processes. If you have any feedback please contact Johnathan by clicking here. Before starting this course please feel free to read our disclaimer.