This course is designed to provide an annual clinical update on hepatitis B vaccinations.
- We will help you understand where to seek up to date information on hepatitis B illness and vaccination including how guidance currently varies across the UK.
- We will learn about the cause, characteristics and epidemiology of hepatitis B.
- We will find out about the epidemiology of hepatitis B.
- We will help you understand how to assess who is suitable for the hepatitis B vaccination.
- We will help you understand how to address vaccine hesitancy and also learn about when it can be helpful to suggest the hepatitis B vaccination to your patients.
- We will find out and become familiar with the hepatitis B vaccines available.
- We will learn about how to store, prepare and administer the vaccines available.
- We will describe the information you should give to patients after the vaccination.
- We will pre-empt some of the questions that patients may ask.
This training must be used in combination with the practical courses (basic life support, anaphylaxis and practical vaccination skills) you are required to complete in order to make a declaration of competence in this area of vaccination.
On successful completion of the quiz at the end, we will add a certificate of completion to your Pharmacy in Practice learning dashboard. We will also award you a one-hour CPD achievement. This will also be stored as a record of achievement within your Pharmacy in Practice dashboard.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling. We recommend that you consult the BNF or the specific summary of product characteristics for dosing decisions.
Vaccination online updates
Hepatitis B vaccination
Frequently asked questions
Feedback and post course reflective revalidation entry
We make every effort to ensure that our courses are accurate and up to date through rigorous editorial processes. If you have any feedback please contact Johnathan by clicking here. Before starting this course please feel free to read our disclaimer.