This course is designed to support you to build your knowledge of Polypharmacy. We are very fortunate to have Consultant Pharmacist Lelly Oboh to lead this course.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- Learn about a range of real world case studies highlighting how polypharmacy can occur.
- Find out about common polypharmay patient problems.
- Understand what factors contribute to ad therefore conrribute to polypharmacy.
- Understand how to engage with the wider multidisciplinary team to address complex polypharmacy cases.
- Learn about the hospital dischaege process, how to effectively communicate across settings and how to pre-empt problems.
- Understand how how the complexity of drug interactions contributes to polypharmacy problems.
- Find out about high risk or ‘red flag’ drugs in the elderly.
- Learn about consultation skills relevant to care of the elderly person on multiple medications.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling.