This course is designed to support you to build your knowledge of Chickenpox disease and the associated available vaccinations. As you embark on any vaccination service in community pharmacy it is very important that you are up to date with the clinical area.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- Understand where to seek up to date information on Chickenpox and vaccination including how guidance currently varies across the UK.
- Learn about the cause, characteristics and epidemiology of Chickenpox.
- Find out about the epidemiology of Chickenpox.
- Understand how to assess who is suitable for the pneumococcal vaccination.
- Understand how to address vaccine hesitancy and also learn about when it can be helpful to suggest the Chickenpox vaccination to your patients.
- Find out and become familiar with the Chickenpox vaccines available.
- Learn about how to store, prepare and administer the vaccines available.
- Describe the information you should give to patients after the vaccination.
- Pre-empt some of the questions that patients may ask.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling.