We were incredibly proud to welcome a friend and colleague of PIP Darush Attar-Zade to deliver this interactive session. This session is now available to view on demand.
During this webinar, Darush discussed all things respiratory pharmacy. He shared his insights on how pharmacists can get involved and addressed some of the issues raised in the National Review of Asthma deaths. After his talk, we had a question and answer session and discussed a number of recent coroner’s reports relating to cases where the care of people with asthma, in the view of the coroner, could have been improved.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- Learn about interventions relevant to community pharmacists to support with the care of people with COPD.
- Find out about the relative impact of a range of COPD interventions.
- Find out about the relative impact of a range of asthma interventions.
- Understand what factors contribute to the overuse of short acting beta agonist medicines.
- Understand how to engage with the wider multidisciplinary team to address complex respiratory cases.
- Learn about the hospital discharge process, how to effectively communicate across settings and how to pre-empt problems.
- The second half of this course involves a discussion around a fatal asthma related coroner’s report.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling.