We were incredibly proud to welcome a friend and colleague of PIP pharmacist Paul Forsyth to deliver this interactive session.
“An update on heart failure”
This session was targeted at a multidisciplinary audience of healthcare professionals with an interest in heart failure. We covered recent clinical and therapeutic updates and also to what extent the pandemic has had an impact.
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- Learn about the epidmiology of heart failure.
- Find out about the different presentations of heart failure.
- Understand from Paul how to assess your own competence and make a plan to build your competence in the area of heart failure.
- Understand how to take a heart failure specific history.
- Learn about the different processes involved in heart failure.
- Understand how to treat heart failure.
- Find out the current heart failure treatrments and the evidence that underpins them.
- Learn about ‘the four pillars of heaet failure’.
Paul Forsyth currently works at the Department of Pharmacy, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Paul’s research interests include Clinical Pharmacy (including advanced practice development) and Cardiology (specifically heart failure and acute coronary syndrome). He has an interest in the education of pharmacists and in particular competency-based learning as a progression towards advanced practice.
Please read our CPD disclaimer before enrolling.