Before considering conducting a chickenpox vaccination service you must meet the required training standards set out in the Green Book in addition to completing this online learning module.
As a pharmacist giving advice on immunisation or administering vaccines you need to have specific training in immunisation. This includes the topic of anaphylaxis. You need to be able to recognise anaphylaxis and treat it. This includes the recognition and treatment of anaphylaxis. As with other clinical areas within which you are practising the responsibility to keep your knowledge and skills up to date is yours. (1)
Learning objectives for this module include the following:
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of Chickenpox.
- Find out what post-exposure prophylaxis is.
- Lean about Human Varicella Zoster Immunoglobulin.
- Learn about the clinical particulars of the vaccines available for Chickenpox.
We make every effort to ensure that our courses are accurate and up to date through rigorous editorial processes. If you have any feedback please contact Johnathan by clicking here. Before starting this course please feel free to read our disclaimer.
Before starting this course we recommend you reflect on what you know already. The revalidation form below is a useful tool to help you reflect on what you know before commencing the course. We will give you the chance to fill it in at the end so that you can record your learning.
Tell us how you feel about this topic before you complete the course.
- Immunisation procedures, The Green Book chapter 4 available here Green-Book-Chapter-4.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk) [accessed 25.6.2021]