LloydsPharmacy and Deliveroo have announced a new partnership to deliver a selected range of more than 50 medical essentials, including medicines, from 16 LloydsPharmacy stores across the UK.
Customers will be able to order over the counter medicines for delivery in as little as under 30 minutes. The partnership is especially important for those who are isolating at home due to COVID-19 and the elderly.
The LloydsPharmacy Deliveroo service will be available this week from 16 stores, in a selection of cities, including Southampton, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Bristol, Newcastle upon Tyne, Cambridge and Coventry. The partnership will then roll-out to a further 24 stores across the UK.
A range of LloydsPharmacy’s 50 products will be available to purchase via Deliveroo’s app.
The ‘medicine cabinet’ essentials currently available include:
- PPE Equipment: Masks, hand sanitizers and gloves.
- Hayfever: Antihistamines, eye drops and nasal spray.
- First Aid: Plasters, bandages, antiseptic wipes and antiseptic cream.
- Children’s Medicine: Calpol, chickenpox relief, teething gel, decongestants and ear thermometers.
- Pain Relief: Ibuprofen and paracetamol.
- Cold & Flu Relief: Nasal Spray, cough medicine and throat lozenges.
- Intimate Health: Always Panty liners and pads and the TENA range.
- Digestive Health: Rehydration sachets and diarrhoea relief.
Toby Anderson, LloydsPharmacy CEO said:
“Pharmacy plays a pivotal role in not only offering prescriptions and advice to patients but in also providing over the counter medicine for minor ailments, helping to alleviate pressure on the NHS.
“Over the past few weeks, we have taken a number of steps to review and alter our in-store and online operations to ensure that customers can continue to access essential medicines and healthcare products safely and conveniently. This partnership with Deliveroo marks a step-change in the evolution of pharmacy and illustrates our commitment to continue delivering first-class healthcare services to our customers.”
Ajay Lakhwani, Vice President of New Business, Deliveroo said:
“At Deliveroo, we are doing everything we can to make sure that people get the food and health products they need and want during this unprecedented time. We are pleased to partner with Lloyds Pharmacy and deliver a new range of over the counter medicines to our customers. This will be particularly important for the elderly and those who are self-isolating at home.”